Thursday, July 14, 2011

'The Immaturity of Spell Check'

So, if you read that last piece (the Eisner -winning 'The Floating Beard') you may have noticed the word 'immature' was typed in it.
At first, when I typed it I was going too fast and accidentally put only one 'M'.
So, spell check, in it's infinite wisdom, suggested I wanted to put the word 'Mature' even though, I typed 'imature'.
Close, right? WRONG. These two words happen to be polar opposites. Battling for supremacy. The mature and the immature want nothing to do with one another.
It is like I was typing 'Salma Hayek' and spell check assumes what I meant was 'Carol Channing' or 'Pick-up truck' or 'Large Salmon'.....all things I have decided are the opposite of actress Salma Hayek.
Wrong again, computer. And how ashamed you must be.

written by tony santiago, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment